Bloating is a common issue that many women face. But before running to your doctor, let’s understand what bloating actually is. Bloating occurs when there is an excess buildup of gas in the stomach or intestines. This can cause your tummy to swell and at times can also cause abdominal discomfort.
There are three main causes of bloating:
- Digestive Problems: Constipation and food allergies are one of the main causes of bloating.
- Diet: Your diet can also lead to bloating. Having aerated beverages and excess salt or sugar can cause bloating.
- Hormonal Changes: You may have noticed that your tummy begins to swell before and during your periods. Changes in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle leads to bloating. Bloating is also common in women who have PCOS.
Rather than going to your doctor, here are a few simple ways in which you can reduce bloating.
- Any Physical Activity: Physical activities such as walking and exercising can help reduce bloating. Keeping your body active everyday can help to release the excess gas that could buildup in your stomach and intestines, thereby providing relief from bloating.
- Warm Bath: A warm bath at the end of the day is one of the most effective ways to reduce bloating. Soaking in a warm bath can help you relax and reduce your stress levels. The warmth of the water can provide relief from a sore stomach and help the gastro-intestinal tract function more effectively, which in turn provides relief from bloating.
- Butt-Chique Shapewear: All of Butt-Chique’s shapewear styles are also an effective way to reduce bloating. The Shorty, Super Edge, Bodysuit and Full Bodysuit have patent-pending compression panels that help reduce bloating. So if you have to go anywhere-be it formal or informal, don’t forget to wear Butt-Chique shapewear under your clothes! Not only will the shapewear help with bloating but it will also enhance your curves and improve your body silhouette.
- Increasing Fiber Intake: Fiber is an important part of your diet since it is one of the main things that helps the gastro-intestinal tract function in an effective manner. Fibrous foods include fruits such as apples, oranges and pears. Other sources of fibre are oatmeal, barley and nuts. However it is important to gradually increase your fibre intake. Try not to eat more than 70 grams of fibre everyday.
- Reduce Salt: Salt contains sodium and consuming excess of sodium causes the body to retain water. This water retention can cause your tummy to feel bloated and swollen. Reducing salt in your diet not only helps with bloating but it also helps to keep your blood pressure under control.
The next time you feel bloated, try to become more active and make a few simple changes to your daily diet. In addition to this, Butt-Chique shapewear is an effective way to reduce bloating so don’t forget to buy Butt-Chique shapewear online today!